Best Online Couple Therapy Services by India’s Top Psychologist
Studies Show Online Couples Therapy Can be as Effective as Traditional Counselling
Online couple therapy is as equally effective as traditional counselling. Although it is a debatable topic, the online versus traditional counselling debate is still on. Online couple therapy has been successful in drawing the attention of more people and spreading mental health awareness among the couples and this fact cannot be denied.
There is no such difference between these two forms of counselling. Before, the time of clinic set up counselling, couples just did not feel like going to the clinic because of their societal fear and issues.
Couples who used to avoid going to a psychologist for sharing their personal marital concerns are now adopting the idea of online couple therapy for giving a chance to their marriage.
Sometimes, couples often confuse themselves regarding the quality and effectiveness of these two ways of saving their married life. Let us understand the nature of both the forms of counselling separately with their benefits and limitations.
Talking to a mental health professional i.e., a psychologist is known as a traditional method of counselling. Traditional counselling provides mental health care and support by using face-to-face interaction or in-person methods with a licensed psychologist. Sessions take place in a clinic set up for 45-50 minutes and it may be extended to one hour. The number of sessions depends on the nature and severity of the problem.
PROS OF THE FACE-TO-FACE INTERACTION METHOD
- Non-verbal cues and body language can be studied by the psychologist. Non-verbal language helps a psychologist to understand verbal language.
- Sessions take place at the clinic set-up and the space is completely different from your space. The clinic set-up is basically a neutral space and does not seem attractive or interrupting.
- Rapport formation takes less time as the in-person method is the realistic way to deal with the client.
- Some severe cases require the direct method.
- It is a time-consuming process.
- It is not convenient for everyone to visit the clinic for counselling. It can be challenging for them because traffic and public transit issues add up.
- It can be costly when traveling fare is added to the cost of the sessions.
- Long waiting periods, lack of availability, or differing schedules, may force a delay to begin sessions with the psychologist.
Best Online Couple Therapy Services
Online couple therapy or e-couple therapy services provide mental health support to couples from any distant location. It can be offered in any form like texts, voice call and video call as per the level of convenience.
It has the same features as traditional counselling has. As traditional counseling is performed in clinical set-ups, similarly there are online platforms that provide opportunities for the couples to connect with the psychologist.
Pros of the Online Couple Therapy
- Some virtual platforms offer cheaper couple therapy services in comparison to traditional counselling but they do not promise to be fixed at the same charges in the future.
- It is very convenient to connect with a psychologist virtually.
- It is very easy to access the online platforms.
- It saves traveling time and fare as well.
Cons of the Online Couple Therapy
- The major drawback of online couple therapy is that it becomes less effective in dealing with severe cases.
Effectiveness of Online Couple Therapy
- Technology has made our life easier than before. People are fully aware of using technology and they want everything without leaving their comfort zone. Couples who suffer from their own personal issues or mental health concerns avoid inconvenient ways so they are more likely to avoid traditional counselling.
- Online couple therapy is not trying or has never tried to replace traditional therapy. In fact, it is considered far better for millions of people. The main reason is that it is more commodious than traditional counselling where people do not have to face social difficulties.
What does Study Say About Online Couple Therapy…?
It is obvious that counselling or therapy makes a huge difference and it benefits couples who believe in the process of counselling. Most the couples do not feel like talking to a psychologist in order to fix their marital issues because of the fear of social stigma, lack of time, and fear of opening up in an unknown atmosphere.
However, online service practices are started for such couples to remove their barriers to leading a healthy lifestyle. Online couple therapy is undoubtedly changing couples’ lives in a positive direction.
However, studies have repeatedly demonstrated that, for many common issues, online therapy is very effective.
- A 2014 study from the Journal of Affective Disorders found that online treatment was just as effective in treating depression as face-to-face treatment.
- A 2018 study from the Journal of Psychological Disorders found that online cognitive behavioral therapy is equally as effective as a face-to-face treatment for major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.
- Moreover, another 2014 study from Behavior Research and Therapy found that online cognitive behavioral therapy was an effective and affordable way to treat anxiety disorders.
- Online therapy is increasing in popularity, particularly in recent years. A 2019 study concludes it to be easier for people to access and less expensive than traditional therapy. However, there are still challenges when moving from traditional services.
- A recent study on internet-based CBT has found it effective in managing psychiatric disorders. Studies have shown positive effects and improved marital status.
- Research suggests that online therapy can be as effective as traditional face-to-face counseling. In a 2019 study published in Frontiers in Psychology, the majority of couples who tried online therapy reported finding the experience both beneficial and positive.
Techniques used in Online Couple Therapy in India
Benefits of Online Couple Therapy
Talk To a Couple Therapy in India
Don’t miss out!