In today's era, most of us are facing a problem and that is the problem of being judgmental on everything. In such a situation, we start weighing everything and do so much that only negativity starts appearing in every work. It is okay to criticize ourselves or others, but when this becomes a part of our behavior, we start having doubts in every situation. This doubt not only reduces our self-confidence but also affects our attitudes great and inner peace.
Lack of inner peace leads to mental problems, sourness in the relationship, and dullness in life. In such a situation, stress, depression, and other diseases start dominating us. In order to remove the excess feeling of this judgmental or criticism, since ancient times Buddhists have been emphasizing a meditation technique and that is Loving-kindness meditation, the practice of which you will see only positiveness around you.
What is Loving-Kindness Meditation
Loving-kindness meditation focuses on creating an attitude of love and kindness towards oneself and others. Many researchers have found that people who practice this type of meditation have less chance of depression, thinking is positive and negative emotions do not come into the mind, which makes the world look positive.
Loving-kindness meditation reduces the feeling of criticism, which protects us from various mental disorders. It is like self-psychotherapy which is a way to calm the mind and free it from confusion.
How to Practice Loving-Kindness Meditation
First of all, accept yourself and learn to love yourself. If resistance is experienced, it indicates that you have negative feelings. Most of us criticize ourselves a lot, due to which self-confidence and positivity keep decreasing gradually. In such a situation, we look at the world with the same glasses, which only shows negativity around us and the mind starts getting upset which leads us to stress, depression, and anxiety.
For this, you have to –
- Take some time for yourself (a few minutes) and sit comfortably. Close your eyes, relax your muscles, and take some deep breaths.
- Imagine experiencing complete physical and emotional wellness and inner peace. Imagine feeling loved for yourself, thanking yourself, accept yourself as you are. Meditate on this feeling of inner peace, and imagine that you are relieving stress and breathing in feelings of love.
- Repeat for yourself three or four positive sentences like
I am happy and I want to be happy
I am safe in every way
I am healthy, peaceful, and strong
I am able to face every problem
I am able to fulfill all my goals and dreams
- Sink into that feeling for a moment. If your attention goes to something else, then gradually re-focus it towards loving positive feelings. Let these feelings overwhelm you.
- If you want, you can repeat this word for any other person. For someone who is very close to you - such as a spouse, children, parents, or best friend. Feel your gratitude and love for them. Stayed with that feeling.
- Once you have these feelings towards that person, bring the other important people in your life into your awareness, one by one, and visualize them with inner peace. Then imagine other friends and family, then neighbors and acquaintances, even people from all over the world. You can increase these feelings of love towards them and focus on this positive feeling.
- You can also include people with whom you have a grudge, someone with whom you feel resentful or angry. By forgiving him/her, you can find inner peace from the filth and negative thoughts of the mind.
- When this meditation process is over (whenever you decide), open your eyes and remember that you can reappear that wonderful feeling throughout the day. You can do this every day.
Believe it, these positive things will infuse positive energy in you and any kind of negativity will not bother you. Having this will not only keep you away from psychological illnesses like depression, stress, but you will be able to face every problem with strong confidence and develop the ability to overcome obstacles easily in your goals and achieve them.
You May Also Like