First, we need to define this Term “Forever” here. What this forever mean here. Is this something that has been with you for whole your life, from the time you remember since your childhood, or is it something that you have started feeling very recently which feels like age-old loneliness? Also is there any event that follows this feeling of loneliness?
The definition of Loneliness, as defined by researchers states that it is feeling lonely more than once a week. The person who feels lonely feels the need for human contact, but it is difficult for them to form connections with other people due to their state of mind.
Reasons You Feel Lonely Even When You’re Not Alone
The reasons for feeling alone and lonely can be many. It varies from person to person and from situation to situation. For example-
- There might be a person who is feeling alone because he/she has no one around to talk to.
- Another situation can be that the person has lost someone in his/ her life and the absence of that person is making them feel alone.
- Another can be that the person has moved to a completely new place, and is not finding the place and people totally strange and thus the person is feeling alone due to not seeing any familiar place or person around.
- Another can be that the person has been a neglected child and has not received much care and warmth from the parents as a child needs and this neglect from the parents’ side has brought in him the feeling of loneliness.
- And if you were a happy engaging person always and this feeling alone thing has started very recently or a few days back, this feeling of loneliness can be a cause of some sort of psychological issues such as Depression, Low self-esteem, increased stress level, or Alcoholism or other substance abuse.
There can be many other factors contributing to the Alone feeling. This feeling of Loneliness or feeling Alone has no well-defined factors that are applicable to each and every individual exactly in the same way. It is a feeling, and thus it has reasons that have its own history lying with the person himself.
To get rid of the Forever Alone feeling, one is advised to go for a Personal Counselling session with an expert. Talking to an expert will help the person unfold the reasons underlying his Alone feeling. It not only helps you unfold the reasons for your Alone feeling, but it also helps you uncover many other factors of your personality and your psyche.
You can get rid of this feeling, all that is required is a little effort from you to get out of this with a positive attitude and with the help of an expert.
Meet Our Experts
We bring Emotional and Mental Wellness not only more accessible, but also more affordable and accountable to your needs.